Back To School Banner

Monday, April 2, 2012

Week Two-Day 4

We took last week off for Spring Vacation....so getting back to the routine this morning was hard on everyone.  David went back to work, Brennen came back, and Dalton had to get back to school, and everyone had to stop sleeping in until 8 a.m.  It was sad to say goodbye to my Husband at 6:30 a.m. after getting use to him spending mornings with us, it was exciting to see Brennen again and he had a great day, the little ones were awake early since the house was active again and they had gotten used to sleeping in by a hour or so last week, this means by 11 a.m. I had very cranky children, and school...... well school was HARD!!!

This was probably the roughest day we've had so far...Dalton woke up not feeling well and grouchy so he didn't want to do anything, then he decided to be a little more grouchy about having a semi heavy work load since we were playing catch-up.  After 4 lessons taking twice as long as they were supposed to, having to redo 3 assignments because of his sloppiness and/or the failure to read directions he finally decided to buckle down and do it.  For my part I was infuriated by the end of the day because I am his Mother...... if his writing is so sloppy I can't read it then we have a problem.  Having to hold his hand and guide him through each step and sit on top of him to make sure he does it is not something I am use to and it was stressful.  I had at least 10 moments where I just wanted to say forget it we'll do it tomorrow and I feel sure Dalton had about twice as many.  In the end we both muddled through it and we survived even if we just now wrapped everything up and we are usually done by noon.

Day 4-Mom's Lessons Learned
Teaching you own child is similar to coaching your own child in sports, you know what they are capable of and you expect the best....being there to ensure they are giving their best instead of just being there to fuss after the fact are two totally different things.

Day 4- Dalton's Lessons Learned
This requires effort and it will not work without it

All in all we survived and I'm sure we will continue to do so and excel...but I have no doubt it is going to be a very LONG week!!! 

Tomorrow will be Dalton's first post about his opinion on home schooling so far....check back in it should be interesting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment