Back To School Banner

Monday, July 16, 2012

Our Weekly Themes for Kindergarten

Colton and I finally decided on all our weekly themes for the year.  I have included the dates on the weeks that have to be at a certain time (holidays, awareness weeks, etc) and on the weeks I think need to be covered early on in the year.  The rest we decided to leave up for grabs, I am prepared to spend more then one week on some of the themes if needed so I didn't want to schedule them in and feel like we are behind should we not get to them exactly when I had written.  Most of the weeks have at least a couple of ideas with them some have none.  I plan on using our daily activities everyday regardless of the theme and using a healthy supplement of worksheets.  This is still a learning process for us and I will have to change some stuff around I'm sure but I am pretty happy with our starting point.


Weekly Themes



Daily (Calendar time, Counting, Alphabet)

Five Senses- sight, smell, touch, hearing, taste

My Body- organs, Body Parts, Brain, bones, Magic School Bus kit

Dinosaurs- types, fossils, extinction, Magic School Bus kit

All about Me/ Color Review (Full Name, Birthday, Family) – August 6-10, 20012.  Monday- Evaluations and Name I go by, all about me flower, Tuesday- Birthday, Wednesday- Family Members, Thursday- Full Name, Friday- Review, and all week read A World of Food for color review and make our own picture

My Home/My Info (Address, Phone Number, State, etc.)- August 13-17, 2012.  Monday-Phone Number, Tuesday- Address, Wednesday- State and County, Thursday- Pinterest “My World” craft, Friday- Review

Animal Kingdom Classification (Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians, Fish, Insects, Arachnids), classification chart invertebrates and vertebrates

Weather/Seasons

Months/Days of the Week- The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom- August 20-24, 2012.  Monday- Read the book for the 1st time, Tuesday- Review Alphabet, Wednesday- who wrote the book, Thursday- Review Alphabet, Friday- Review

Poetry- Where the Sidewalk Ends

Rhyming Words- Read some Dr. Seuss and The View at the Zoo

Virtues and Values- August 27-31, 2012.  Monday- Giving Tree Book and thank you cards, Tuesday- Rainbow Fish and giveaway bag, Wednesday- Make a donation jar from pinterest to give to charity at Christmas, Thursday- Lost stuff tote from Facebook, Friday- Review

Labor Day- September 3-7, 2012

Thanksgiving- November 19-21, 2012

Christmas/New Year’s- December 17-21, 2012

Halloween- October 29- November 2, 2012

Valentine’s Day- February 11-15, 2013

Easter/Good Friday- March 25-29, 2013

Columbus Day- October 8-12, 2012

Memorial Day- May 20-24, 2013

President’s Day (Abraham Lincoln, George Washington) - February 18-22, 2013

Veteran’s Day- November 5-10, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day- March 11-15, 2013

Martin Luther King Jr.  Day- January 21-25, 2013

United States- Monday- How many States are there? Tuesday- What State do I live in?, Wednesday- What States have I been to?, Thursday- Activity, Friday- Review

Health- dentist/teeth, doctor- February 4-8, 2013

Dr. Seuss- February 25- March 1, 2013 his birthday is March 2

Environment- recycling, water cycle, Magic School Bus Kit- April 22-26, 2013 Earth Day is that Monday

World Geography- continents, oceans, lakes, rivers

Safety- fire safety, stranger safety- October 8-12, 2012, home emergency kit (first aid, 40 hour burning candles, canned food, water), meeting plan in case of fire, worksheets

Telling Time

Money

Horses

Free Week


Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment