Back To School Banner

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ponybead Suncatchers

We had a blast making these!! Since Dad was home it turned into a family event:-) I found this on pinterest (shocking I know) and knew the kids would love it. All you need are some translucent ponybeads, a muffin tin and a oven. My original plan was just to do a bunch of multi colored suncatchers but of course my kiddos had different ideas.
Excuse the old muffin pan....I wasn't sure exactly how this would work and didn't want to use a good one.

 It required great concentration as they created masterpieces.

 
 In the end we had a few multi-colored creations for Keaton, a blue for Weston, a A for myself, UT themes for Colton and a shamrock for Dad:-)  After all the beads were arranged and laying flat I placed them in the oven for about 25 minutes at 275 degrees.  It may take a few more or a few less pull them out when they are smooth.  The original post warned about the stench and dangers of burning plastic.  We used our oven and since it was Winter I didn't open a window but still the smell was minimal:-)
Finished products....at this point you could drill a small hole in each one and hang with string but we just dabbed some Museum Glue onto the back and stuck them in the window!!






No comments:

Post a Comment