Back To School Banner

Monday, March 4, 2013

Celebrating Dr. Seuss Part 2

In part 1 I gave you tons of links for fun Dr. Seuss activities but I thought I should follow up with how we celebrated:-) 

We started the day out with green eggs and ham (and hashbrowns)....while we ate we read the book.  Next we read "Yertle the Turtle" because it is a long time favorite of my oldest:-)  And yes I know my eggs are neon (it was the only green food coloring I had), for the record they taste exactly the same as regular eggs BUT that didn't make them any easier to choke down!! The kids all ate them except for Colton but well he doesn't eat anything;-)
 
 
We had a blast making our own Dr. Seuss City.  Even Keaton joined in with the creativity by sticking windows on the houses.  All you need for this cheap and fun activity is poster board, construction paper, and some glue.  We also used a few of the little pom poms we had laying around.

 
 
If you celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday we hope you had fun!!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment