Back To School Banner

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Surviving Our First Week of School

Things have been crazy at our house AND we started school back full force this week!!!

I'm not going to lie undertaking both Kindergarten and 1st grade proved to be more challenging then I anticipated.  We changed our routine up three days in a row but finally by Thursday we found what worked best for us.  Unfortunately for me that means doing school pretty much completely seperate with each kiddo.  School has went from taking 1.5-3 hrs to taking 2.5-4 hrs but we are doing great!! 

I covered our curriculum for 2013-2014 in an earlier post BUT we've already changed it up.  That's the beauty of homeschooling once you start utlizing certain items you get to tweak what doesn't work for you.  Both boys are now using McRuffy for Language and Math, and Galloping the Globe for Social Studies/Geography....we will be pulling a large portion of our Science from there also.  They love these choices and their user friendly guides make them huge winners in my opinion.

This week I am incorporating in pre-school for the littles...we will be using a neat pack from 3 Dinosaurs and a couple of activities I put together off of Pinterest.  Stay tuned for a later post that will include details.  It's really neat!!!

If you started your first week of school this week I hope you had as much fun as we did and if you are starting this week....you got this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment