Back To School Banner

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Start off 2016 with a Financial Goal


 I do not do New Year's resolutions for a variety of reasons.  The main one being I am a slacker so I tend not to follow through with them.  But one thing my Husband and I have both agreed on this year is that we need some sort of savings system.  His new job has allowed us the chance to actually start saving and for that we are very grateful.  I needed something simple (see the above slacker comment) so I went searching on Pinterest.  I found several yearly savings plans that are broken down as simple as they can get.  As I went through them to compare I realized there is one for potentially everyone.  Some of them will not be financially possible for everyone but there is one that cost a couple of dollars a week and at the end of the year you have around $350.  That is super easy and I encourage everyone to at least try that one!!:-)  I am going to be posting the plans below.  They all come from Pinterest and the blogs/website they originate from are noted on the pictures.

I am posting them in what is my opinion of the easiest to hardest.  You may disagree but regardless they are all a great starting point.


The first savings plan I am going to share came from 4 Hats and Frugal.  This is the one that I think anyone can do.  I wish I would of found it before this year.  The $$ amounts are small and manageable and after 12 months you have saved $340.



The next one is a little more difficult but still pretty easy.  I love how it starts out slow, builds up, and then slows down again. This one came from Hello Pretty Bird.  At the end of this savings plan you will have saved $1000.



The next savings plan is the one I personally plan on utilizing and it gives you an option for weekly savings, biweekly savings, and monthly savings.  Depending on which one you chose you will save anywhere between $1350 and $1400.  This one came from Madam Money



We have almost covered them all.  This next one is very similar to the weekly savings plan but it goes in reverse.  In this one you start out saving a larger amount and towards then end you are saving in smaller increments.  That makes much more sense to me because I am always broke at the end of the year.  This one is also from 4 Hats and Frugal and at the end you will have saves almost $1400.



The last plan I am sharing is by far the most ambitious (at least for my household) but at the end you will have saved a whopping $3,926!!  It is a 52 week savings plan also but the weekly increments are larger then any others I found.  This plan is covered on Time For All Things.  I would love to be able to accomplish this but I don't know if we could pull it off or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment