Back To School Banner

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Those CRAZY Little Oils…They Really Work!!



A few weeks ago a longtime friend introduced me to essential oils.  I was a little skeptical at first, I had another friend that had used them for years but I never really looked into them too deep.  After getting some samples and roll-ons I was hooked.   If you aren’t familiar with these crazy little oils do yourself a favor and get familiar!!  I’m going to do a quick rundown of some of my favorite oils and how to use them.  Because there are so many oils I’m going to start with some of the more common ones.  I almost always dilute my oils; I take a drop or two of my essential oil and mix it with my carrier oil (grape seed oil, olive oil, coconut oil).  The oils I am going to tell you about do not have to be diluted but they work when they are so why not make them last!!  Peppermint is one that I dilute the least often just because it works better for my headaches when I use it neat (without diluting).  As a rule I always dilute any oils that I am using on my kiddos.  Their skin is more sensitive than mine so better safe than sorry.  If you are using oil for the first time then test it on a small area, if you have intense burning or another negative reaction then just keep reapplying carrier oil only over the area until the sensation subsides.  Do not try to rinse off with water...that will not work

First up is Peppermint.  This so far is my absolute favorite.  I suffer from pretty much all types of headaches; stress, migraine, tension, sinus.  Just inhaling a little peppermint makes me feel better.  I rub in on my head and neck to relieve headaches, on my stomach to relieve discomfort there and on my wrists because smelling it all day gives me lots more energy.  I have also heard diffusing peppermint in the mornings is a great way to boost energy but usually I just inhale it.  Have some aches and pains…try applying peppermint for something similar to icy hot.  This oil does so much and if you’re a newbie it is a must have in my opinion!!

Next we are going to cover Thieves.  Thieves tea (1 drop of thieves oil, 3 drops of lemon oil, mug of hot water, and honey to taste) has been my savior each morning.  This insane weather has my sinuses going haywire, one cup of thieves tea and within 15 minutes I can breathe again and feel much better.  I also use thieves for cleaning along with lemon oil.  You will be amazed at what some water and oil mixed in a spray bottle will clean.  It’s like having a magic eraser only better!!!

Lemon oil is a must have in my opinion because it is such a good option for cleaning and because I use it for my thieves tea.  It has a cheerful, happy smell that will make your whole house just feel clean.

The last oil that I think is a must have for a beginner is Lavender.  It is great for cuts and bruise, burns, relaxation, and sleeping.  I use lavender neat a lot also.  It’s a wonderful smelling oil, and my kiddos love it!! Two of them ask for it at bedtime every night now.

If you haven’t heard of essential oils please visit my Young Living Essential Oils Website and do some research.  Pinterest is also a great place to find information and recipes using essential oils.  Want to try one of the oils I mentioned then go check them out online; they are all very reasonable.  Peppermint, Thieves, Lemon, and LavenderIf you have tried oils or want to jump right in then consider signing up as a wholesale member instead of a retail customer.  You can pick a starter kit ranging from $40-$150 and then you will save on all your future purchases by getting wholesale prices!! I promise once you try them you won’t be able to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment