Back To School Banner

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Alphabet Rocks

Just a quick post about the alphabet rocks since I had so many inquiries about them!!  This is yet another idea I found on pinterest.  They would work great for letter recognition, spelling practice, word building, etc.  Another Mom suggested putting them in sand and using them as a sensory tool,  I didn't think of that but what a great idea!!


I bought these rocks at Walmart for $1.47 in the aisle where the aquarium accessories are located. Quick side note they had the same rocks in the craft department but they were $5.00 a bag. Then I used paint markers to write Capital letters on one side and the matching Lowercase letters on the opposite side. After they dried I sealed them with clear fingernail polish (it's just what I had lol).
They were a huge hit, my boys love them!!





No comments:

Post a Comment