Back To School Banner

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Play-doh

We love to make our own play-doh...it is so much better then the store bought stuff and it is super easy.  If you've never tried making your own then I highly suggest that you do, you won't be disappointed.  Recently I saw a post for pumpkin pie play-doh, while I liked the concept I wasn't to sure about the recipe.  So I fell back on my favorite recipe and then just added the pumpkin pie spice, it turned out great!!

Play-doh Recipe
  • 2 cups of plain flour
  • 2 cups of colored water (food coloring)
  • 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 cup of salt
Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan and at this point add a small container of pumpkin pie spice.  Turn on the stove and stir as the mixture heats up......

 
All the ingredients in the pan...I used just a touch of orange food coloring in the water.

 
As it starts to heat up it will blend together.

 
 
It's time to take it off the heat....

 
Knead it for just a couple of minutes and then you have the perfect play-doh.


The kids played for a hour straight....quietly and they go along!!  Plus my house smelled AMAZING!!



No comments:

Post a Comment