Back To School Banner

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sleepytime Play-Doh

We love play-doh at our house and make it a lot.  Recently sleep has been hard to come by for our whole family.  I never sleep but they kids seem to be picking up my bad habit.  They were much improved once I started diffusing essential oils but I had the idea to make a sleepytime play-doh.  It was a huge hit.  We use are favorite homemade play-doh recipe and added the lavender oil and some purple food coloring.  

Sleepytime Play-Doh Recipe

2 cups of plain flour
2 cup of water (with your desired food coloring)
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 tsp of cream of tarter
1 cup of salt
3 drops of lavender oil

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir as the mixture heats up combining well.  You will be able to tell when it is ready as it will start to pull away from the sides of the pan and form a play-doh ball.  At this point I allow it cool down and then I put a drop lavender essential oil on each piece I give the kids and let them knead it into the play-doh.  When they are done store in an air tight container and it will last for months!! 

 
If you have any questions about essential oils please check out my WEBSITE and/or FACEBOOK  page.

No comments:

Post a Comment