Back To School Banner

Monday, July 25, 2016

Our 1st Week Back to School 2016-2017

We started back to school last week.  As I type this I just finished printing and prepping our work for our 2nd week.  So that means the good news is.... We SURVIVED the first week back!!! But it was a LONG week.  All in all the boys did a great job.  The easy years are behind us and everyone took a big step up with their curriculum this year.  It is going to be a more intense schedule along with a more intense co-op.  We can do it!! (I think I might be saying that more for my benefit) 

This year for 1st, 3rd, and 4th grade we are using Complete Curriculum a digital downloadable curriculum.  It involves a lot of printing so I am glad I splurged on a printer last year:-)  We don't start co-op until the 2nd week of August but that is going to be here before we know it!! This year they are taking; sign language, geography, art, zoology, lego, and some other fun classes!! They love going to co-op and seeing all their friends.  Typically we do two days a week one week out of the month but this year we are starting a new co-op schedule of one day a week 3 weeks a month.  I am hoping that we have bitten off more then we can chew. 

Our first week involved a lot of review and getting back into the routine of things.  Basically the boys had to come to terms with the fact that they were going to have to suck it up and do school again.  Next week we start off (tomorrow) with a cool, fun glacier demonstration.  I think they are going to love it.

Here is a peek into our first week:-) 





No comments:

Post a Comment